There is a Parish wide Ironbridge Gorge Community Facebook Page.
The Gorge Parish Council meets twice monthly on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday. On the first Tuesday of the month the meeting concentrates on discussing planning applications. Parish Councils are consultees on all planning applications in their Parish. The Gorge Parish Council looks at approximately 200 applications each year. Comments are passed on each application. Telford and Wrekin Council are the planning authority for The Gorge Area.
The third Tuesday of the month is Full Council where the main business of the council is carried out. The Gorge Parish Council provides the following services in the Parish:The Gorge Gazette newsletter sent to every household and most businesses
- The Gorge Parish Council Website
- Provides grants to a range of community groups
- Planters in the centre of Ironbridge
- Notice boards throughout the Parish
- Environmental works, such as clearing paths, removing litter and clearing back
- Public Session at the beginning of each meeting to allow residents to talk to the Parish
- Council about any subject they wish.
- Annual meeting for residents.
- World Heritage Site Strategy Group
- Severn Gorge Countryside Trust
- Coalbrookdale and Ironbridge Community Centre Committee
- Woodside Allotments
- Lightmoor Village Community Group
residents of The Gorge:
- Telford and Wrekin Council
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust
- Severn Gorge Countryside Trust
- Bourneville Village Trust Lightmoor
- West Mercia Police
- Ironbridge and Severn Gorge Lions
- Ironbridge Business Consortium
Also reviews consultation documents from many statutory bodies on behalf of the community. The Parish Council also provides grants to local organisations and groups. The Parish Council's grant policy and application form can be found elsewhere on this website.
The Gorge Parish Council purpose is to represent the interests of the communities of Coalbrookdale, Coalport, Ironbridge, Jackfield and Lightmoor by providing strong links, assistance and support to all residents.
To maintain and develop all that is worthwhile within the community.
The Gorge Parish Council will provide a high quality service and will be professional, accountable, proactive and responsive, inclusive and transparent.
You can download our Grants Application Form.
You can read about how to apply and the Terms & Conditions for Ironbridge Car Parking Permits here.
- Policy List
- Publication Scheme
- Policy Review Scheme
- Complaints Procedure
- Disciplinary & Grievance Procedure
- Equality Policy
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Grants Policy
- Grant Application Form
- Pre Applications Planning Policy
- Speaking at Plans Board Policy
- Policy for Filling a Casual Vacancy
- Standards of Conduct
- Code of Conduct
- Public Relations Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Policy for training new staff and councillors
- Training Record
- Community Strategy Policy
- Pensions Discretions Policy
- The Parish Charter
- Parish Census 2001
- The Good Councillor Guide
- Connected Councillors
- The Local Council Award Scheme Guide
- Requirements for Award Scheme
- TGPC Local Council Awards Application
- DCLG Code of Recommended Practice on LA Publicity
- Risk Management Scheme
- Register of Assets
- Borough Council Guide to Organising Community Events
- ADVICE NOTE Meetings - Drafting the Notice Summons, Agenda and Minutes
- Coalport and Jackfield represented by two councillors.
- Coalbrookdale and Ironbridge – ward known as Ironbridge represented by three councillors.
- Lightmoor represented by three councillors.
- Last Annual Return
- Audit Notice 2016
- Financial Regulations
- Financial Risk Assessment
- Budget Information
- How the precept is calculated
- Actual Spend 2015 - 2016
- Budget for 2016 -2017